Welcome, Alpha Clone players of Brave!
So, you don't have a current subscription to EVE, but you still want to fly with Brave? Not a problem - we are open to players of all skill levels and abilities, including those in the free-to-play alpha clone state. See below for a full list of the services we can offer you.
Life as an Alpha Clone in Brave
Although Alpha Clones have some restrictions in-game, you still have a wide range of gameplay options open to you. Every racial frigate line includes:
- A fast tackle ship, ideal for holding down enemy ships during fleet fights;
- A logistics frigate, for repairing your fellow frigate pilots;
- An exploration ship, for solo roaming to hack abandoned space debris for dank loot;
- An EWAR (Electronic Warfare) ship, essential to disrupt the abilities of enemy ships;
- Plus two more DPS frigates.
In addition to the nimble frigate class, you can also fly destroyers (used both in fleets and small gang activity) and cruisers, where a similar selection of DPS, Logi and EWAR can be used.
As an Alpha Clone, the only real limits are the following:
- You can only train a limited subset of skills (or, if you have lapsed your paid account, the skills you can use are limited);
- You can only fly the frigates, destroyers and cruisers of your own race (Amarr, Caldari, Gallente or Minmatar);
- You cannot login more than a single account simultaneously (at least from the same location, anyway);
- Your skills train more slowly and you pay higher transaction taxes.
This means that you can participate in pretty much all activities, including fleet fights, that make Brave fun!
What can/should I fly?
Within Brave (as with all large alliances) we have a selection of defined ships and fittings that we use regularly in fleet combat. These “doctrine fits” usually require advanced skills, but we have prepared Alpha Clone variations of each that you can use on any fleet requiring these ships.
Find our Alpha Clone doctrines here - look for the ALPHA tag to find those ships that include an Alpha Clone fit.
Aside from those doctrine fits, you are free to fly whatever you want within your racial ship line (plus some Special Edition ships such as the Gnosis) - our Standing Fleet (the Brave Armada) has no restrictions on what to fly, as long as you get out there and fight alongside your corpmates and die bravely.
Alpha Clone Ratting
See our Alpha Ratting fits if you want to rat.
What should I train?
We have prepared 30-day and longer skillplan recommendations that you can use to fill your skill queue.
How to get free stuff
As a Brave member, you can also make full use of all of the programs operated by The Brave Dojo, our Education Department, regardless of your clone state. These include:
- Free ships to get you started in Brave null-sec
Not joined Brave yet?
What are you waiting for? Head over to the How To Join page and follow the instructions there - we'll see you in space!
Returning Brave pilot?
Are you considering returning to EVE Online, having let your account lapse in the past? Brave welcomes you back with open arms!
Depending on how long ago you left the game, you will probably find that your character is:
- No longer in Brave (we had an inactives purge in 2015);
- Stuck out in a station or region that we long ago abandoned.
What you do now depends a lot on how much assets you have with you. If you don't have much, we recommend that you apply to rejoin Brave, liquidate any assets you can, and then remotely set your home station to our new home in GE-8JV. However, if you have larger assets to move or dispose of, you have the following options:
- Investigate whether Black Frog couriers can access your current location to haul your stuff for you;
- Submit a ticket under CCP's Inaccessible Assets and Returning Players policy;
- Or just yolo out with whatever you can fit in one ship.
Either way, come talk to us in the “Brave Newbies” chat channel in-game.